Friday, June 24, 2011

Easy Summer Salsa

Along with gardening comes the choices of what to do with the produce. Here is an easy, peasy basic salsa recipe.  You can double or triple the recipe as needed.

5 large tomatoes diced or two 15 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes
1 finely chopped onion
2-3 hot peppers finely chopped
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
cilantro

Mix all ingredients together.  Let sit several hours or overnight.
Serve with your favorite chips.  We like the Mission strips.  You can put a lot of salsa on just one!

2 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Yum! I should have both hot pepper and tomatoes in my my garden very soon ready to pick. I'll have to try this recipe when I do.

Lynn said...

Sounds great! I love vinegar and garlic:@)