Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Peachy Outdoor Wednesday and Foodie Friday

This week, I plan to combine Outdoor Wednesday and Foodie Friday on Applejack Lane. Be sure to visit Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday and Michael at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday to see the other participants in these events.

This past weekend, my brother and sister-in-law made a trip to Chiles Peach Orchard in Crozet. She asked me if I would care to have any peaches. "Of course, I would love some!"

They returned with huge and beautiful summer fruits.Oops! One just drop out of the bowl. Let's cut him up!
These guys are over 3.5" in diameter!
Let's just slice him up...
add some whipped cream...
and all gone!But there are enough for some wonderful homemade peach ice cream for the weekend!

11 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Peach Ice Cream is my favorite! And almost as good is fresh peaches cut up over Vanilla Ice Cream. YUM!

JLS Hall (Joysweb) said...

Oooh, how yummy! Those are gorgeous peaches - and I love the bowl, too.

Joan said...

Thanks, the bowl belonged to my grandmother.

My name is Riet said...

Oh wow, those peaches are beautiful and want me want one. I just bought some big ones at the market. Must make a picture of those too. have a nice day

Bonnie said...

They look yummy! Who would have thought that photos of peaches could look so gorgeous. WOW!

Kelly B said...

Now I know I will have to run over to the farmer's market and get some peaches!! Those look delectable and your bowl is wonderful!! :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I have one, too. Your photos are gorgeous. The peaches look scrumptious. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Brenda Pruitt said...

And I haven't had any fresh peaches all summer! Those look so good!
Brenda

Mary Bergfeld said...

Gosh but those are gorgeous! I love peaches and ours were late this year. Your photos are just beautiful. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh my that peach would have been ALL GONE here, too!
Peaches were excellent around here this year... which made for a delicious summer!
Cass

Barbara Jean said...

cute. love the last pic.

=0)

barbara jean