Friday, February 5, 2010

Weight Watchers-VBF #1

It's a snowy morning here at Applejack Lane!  With so much WHITE stuff coming out of the skies,  the idea of Vintage Black Friday  on the first Friday of the month just caught my fancy this morning.. So with great haste, here is a weighty subject.



My MIL bought this scale at an auction well before I knew here.  I like to use it in the kitchen and fill the scoop with fruit or seasonal items.
The weights laid out all in a row...

After doing some research, I believe the weight marked with a "1" is not original to the set. I also believe there should be a "2"...
The base is marked Reading Hardware Co. Reading, PA 168.  This scale was probably produced around the 1880's...
All stacked up...
A brass scoop...
Thanks for stopping by Applejack Lane.  Visit the French Cupboard for more VBF!

12 comments:

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

I love this scale..gorgeous piece. Thanks for he heads up on the snow widget...I have removed mine now. I have not had any problems but don't want to tempt fate.

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

An outstanding VBF piece ... I love the weights all spread out, I'm a sucker for graphics ... very nice!

Glad you played along today ... hope to see you next month ; )

xo
Jill

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Love the Old Black Scale ~ Hopefully Spring will be on it's way & there won't be too many more White snow on VBF.
Cheryl

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love your scale. I have 2 scales, neither like yours...I can see a lot of vignettes with such a beauty!

EnchantedBella said...

Your scale is absolutly wonderful. I don't have any vintage scales but now I will be on the look out for them. So beautifly vintage!

Rebecca

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a treasure! The best part is that you still use it for its intended purpose. Have a great weekend.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love the black scale, I have a blue one, a little different. and they are fun to decorate with!
Debra

Sherrie said...

Impressive treasure. I have always wanted one but know that I have no place to put it in the kitchen. Maybe time for a bigger kitchen.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your scale is such a neat piece. I love how you share your antique treasures with us.

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

What a neat piece! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]das wetter im[/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter radar[/url]

VS said...

What a Wonderful SILVER SUNDAY you have!!! Thanks for sharing friend.
Smiles,
Susie