Monday, January 11, 2010

Pillow Party-Directions for Making Pillows


My friend Valerie at Snap Pea told me about a pillow party today with Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses.  I've made pillow shams and  needlepoint pillows. I am posting some pillows I recently made with piping and the direction on how to make them.  I had left over material from  window fabric and decided the bed needed to have a splash of that fabric on them.
 You only need a little bit of fabric...

And 10 steps later, you can have piped pillows!

Cottage Magpie gave directions on how to make these pillows.  Click here for the how to make link.

10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your pretty pillows and I make mine all the time. What a great way to coordinate fabrics in a room and they are so much less expensive than the custom ones. Love yours. Hugs, Marty

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

How PRETTY...I just LOVE making pillows too! You have a great blog and now a new follower...it's me!Hope you have a FUN week!

Blessings,
Linda

chery said...

wow nice! You're talented woman:) Thanks for sharing it inspired me.

Julie said...

Loverly!!! I have that same fabric on the back of my computer chair in my bedroom. I love it. You did a beautiful job. Thanks for sharing. I gotta get a sewing machine!!!!!!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I have never tried to tackle piping. Too scared to. But these are absolutely lovely!
Brenda

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Beautiful job, and piping no less!
These gorgeous pillows would look lovely with the pillows on my post!
Yvonne

Rhondi said...

Hi Joan
Thanks for joining the party. Your pillows would feel right at home at my house! You did a very good job on them too.
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

Great job on the pillows...that piping can be a bugger!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Beautiful pillows!

The Tablescaper said...

Love blue and white!

- The Tablescaper