Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Place To Piddle

Welcome to Applejack Lane.

piddle-verb-to do anything in a trifling or an ineffective way

I wanted a place to piddle. Our beagles have been gone for about five years now so we took the doggy section of our outbuilding and turned it into a place where I can practice piddling. That pretty much describes the kind of gardener I am-piddling. The transformation from dog house to garden shed is a work in progress so I can piddle at my leisure. We didn't want to tear all signs of a dog house away in case some little fellow tugged at our heartstrings and we would need a place for him or her. Besides, Kahlo, Burt and Timmy may need to spend some time in the pen when they come in for a visit.

These are the pictures before clean-up and a little renovation took place...
Now for the after...
We kept the dividing fence, but hubby added a few shelves for me...a little pegboard (my son's contribution) to hang tools and collectibles...my dad's old seed jar he used on the farm and sunflower seeds I collected from my 2009 harvest...some dried sunflowers...
and hydrangeas...
a little fall decor over the window...

frogs and watering can...
a view from the outside...
and a warm welcome...
a bell from my mother-in-law's home that we have had for over 15 years ...
a fall wreath made of maple leaves that can be seen from the house and driveway...
and a bronze mum in my witch's kettle.
At least the basement and garage are free of garden paraphernalia. I have all winter to dream and decorate. Again, thanks to hubby for some demolition and carpentry!

Check out more Metamorphosis Monday participants hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.

13 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

How cute and inviting! I soooo need a space like this.
Brenda

Kimberly said...

You will love this space! What a great change....

Dresser Girl said...

So cute!!

Blue Creek Home said...

What a charming place to piddle!!!
I am a piddler too! Love to piddle.
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I love your little potting shed!! Bet you have so much fun with that little place!

blessings
mary

Sherri said...

Adorable now! And what a neat space to have.

Fifi Flowers said...

Ooooh such a CUTE shed!!!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

What a neat and perfect space to piddle in! ~Rhonda :)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

You turned a plain shed into an adorable little cottage!

Michelle said...

Love your tranformation! Stop by for a visit sometime!
Michelle

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love the piddling place, sometimes thats all ya wanna do is just piddle for awhile, hard for someone to understand that just doesn't get it....I get it...I just gotta be a follower now, come for a visit...Phyllis

Julie said...

I love your little potting shed... so cute... wish I had one...
xoxo
Julie

Kammy said...

I love the "new" look ! Great to have all that space for all your pretties !
Kammy