Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cranberry-Pecan Chicken Salad

For Foodie Friday, I am posting one of my very favorite recipes-Cranberry-Pecan Chicken Salad. I found this recipe by chance in Southern Living 2005 Annual Recipes when I was getting ready for my niece's baby shower, and it is definitely a keeper. I use it all the time.
Here are the ingredients:
8 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 celery ribs, chopped
5 green onions, thinly chopped
1 1/2 cups toasted pecans, chopped into small pieces
1 6 oz. package sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup honey mustard dressing

Stir all ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Sometimes, I add more mayo and honey mustard dressing. I also chop the cranberries into smaller pieces.

And here is the finished product.

This chicken salad can be served on croissants or on a lettuce leaf. The secret ingredient is definitely the honey mustard dressing. It is great for a luncheon, when company comes, or just anytime! Yum-Yum!

I hope I will be able to join you next week. I must begin my marathon cookie baking for my Open House at the store in November. Join Michael at Designs by Gollum for more Foodie Friday fun.

8 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I make a recipe simular to this one that I love, but I never thought about adding honey mustard. Sounds so good, I am going to give it a try!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ooooh, Joan! This looks good. I love chicken salad and am always looking for ways to jazz it up. I would never have thought about cranberries, but that sounds so good. Thanks for the heads up and the recipe!

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Julie said...

I have been looking for a good chicken salad... This one sounds wonderful... I am going to try it
xoxo
Julie

Poppedijne said...

This looks to be a good variation on my chicken salad. But it's a lot of pecan nuts! These are very expensive here. But I am sure going to try it.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is such a lovely salad. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love chicken salad. This looks WONDERFUL!!

Blessings!
Gail

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Awesome recipe! Thank you for sharing this!

Dianna said...

I love chicken salad on croissants.
I will definitely have to try this recipe.

I have been putting dried cranberries and sweetened pecans on my garden salads lately. Wow is it ever yummy.