Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Deck the Dining Room!

It's time to Deck the Halls again with Susan at Thoughts From Over theRainbow and Rhoda at Southern Hospitality.   Last week, we took a tour of the kitchen.  This week, we'll head into the dining room.  We just finished with the company party last night so things might be in a little disarray.  But your still welcome at Applejack Lane.

Santa Claus is coming to town!

My ladies at the shop gave me this Jim Shore set for Christmas a few years ago.


Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!

Santas on the harvest table...



A homemade one...
 


An Old Word Santa...


              With goodies and toys in his basket...

A few characters from A Christmas Carol drop by...


Mr. Scrooge and Jacob Marley...



The Fezziwigs and the Ghost og Christmas Past...
 

The Ghost of Christmas Present with Mr. and Mrs. Cratchit...
 

The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come...


The  Boy with a Turkey and a Happy Scrooge...

The full cast...

Some greenery to add some scent...

To see how we decorated our kitchen, click here.  I hope you can come back again next week.  Thanks for visiting today.


9 comments:

Kammy said...

Wow, I love Jim Shore - that piece is great ! Your Scrooge collection is very cool too !
Kammy

Sue said...

Love all of your Santas and the Scrooge collection! The magnolia leaves are just gorgeous. I used fake... LOL
:-) Sue

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything is so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I have never seen the Christmas Carol cast. I love that. I LOVE that story, movie, I even saw it in Chicago opening night. I need them!!

susan said...

Joan-I adore your Dickens characters! I don't know that I have ever seen all of the characters before! Thanks for showing us the dining room and linking to Deck the Halls!

Carol said...

Great collection of Dickens & I love your Santa & sleigh!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I love your collection of santas and the figurines from The Christmas Carol.

Katie@Yoga Gal said...

I absolutely love your Santa and sleigh on the table. I might have to try to find one on Ebay for us! I also decorated with magnolia leaves this year- used them on our banister garland. They look lovely for about a week and then dry out! I have already replaced them twice! :D

Cathy said...

My favorite is still the Ghost of Christmas Past...because of the wild hair!