Sunday, May 10, 2009

Today Is Mother's Day!

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. -William Makepeace Thackeray

My Grandmother Waybright lived in Blue Grass in Highland County, Virginia. One thing I remember from visiting her home as a child was a little watering can that I played with. I would get water from a little spring and water her Bleeding Hearts. When I moved to the country, one of the first perennials I wanted to plant were those Bleeding Hearts. They are just beginning to bloom-not quite the display they will be in a week or so. But since it is Mother's Day, I want to post them in honor of Maw Maw, my mother Jeanette, Aunt Nin, Aunt Sites, Baba, and Mrs. Cook. I know the members of my family will also see these pink Bleeding Hearts and reminisce those days back in Blue Grass where our hearts were young and gay.





Happy Mother's Day to all to mother's in my family-Shirley, Leslie, Sandra, Beth, Virginia Ann, and Cathy (Kahlo's mother)!

No comments: