Monday, January 18, 2010

All In the Family

Welcome to Applejack Lane. This post is my  All In the Family tabletop.  Let's take a look and let me explain.

A floral arrangement in an etched lead crystal vase, a Fenton rabbit,  a German pitcher, and a tilt top table...

This floral  pitcher is marked Germany and came from my mother's Highland County home...


Although this bunny is new, he came from the Fenton factory at Williamstown, West Virginia.  He is signed by a person who has the very same first and last name as our son.  I had to have it...

The etched lead crystal vase was a gift from my grandmother to my mother and father when they married back in 1942...


The tilt-top table belonged to my parents and was made by F.H. Rosen and Son,  local craftsmen...

Here is the label pasted on the bottom of the tilt top...

Made by F.H. Rosen & Son, Middlebrook, Va, Cabinet Makers Since 1895
My guess this table was made circa 1930-1940 since the son was born  around the same year as my dad...



So there you have it-my All In the Family tabletop display for today.  Join Barb at Grits and Glamour and Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for more participants.  Thanks for stopping by Applejack Lane.


12 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

You have the most beautiful things. I'm going to invite myself over sometimes soon to see them in person!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Beautiful...I love the table...love it!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

I love these posts, where we get to see and share the really special parts of someone's home. I love all the stories behind these pieces. I know they are special, I could hear it in the way you described each piece. Thanks for joining in this week's TT. Have a blessed week, Barb

Southerncook said...

Beautiful post. I loved the arrangement, the little pitcher is beautiful and I could tell that the bunny was very special too. You didn't mention the crocheted piece. I have a fondness for old crocheted pieces and yours was exquisite.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

Unknown said...

What a special post and I'm sure lots of special memories. Love the table and everything you have on it. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous. Love the table and all the accessories. Rosie

susan said...

Joan-I love having things in my home that mean something to me. I love your table and I can understand why you HAD to have the bunny!

Barb said...

Hi Joan, this is so pretty! Just like a breath of spring air. I love it.

Barb ♥

xinex said...

I like it. Very cute bunny!...Christine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is just lovely. I love the beautiful vase and the flowers are stunning. Such a beautiful pitcher and bunny. Love it. Hugs, Marty

vignette design said...

I love that everything has a special meaning. Beautiful arrangement with the flowers. --Delores

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Such beautiful pieces...love the table. I've signed up as a follower. Come by and visit me when you have a chance...love finding new friends in this Blog World.