Monday, November 2, 2009

A Blue Decorated Saltbox for a Blue Monday

It's another Blue Monday here on Applejack Lane. Today, I would like to share a piece that came from my mother-in-law that we display on our kitchen counter. It is a German porcelain salt box with a hinged wooden lid. It is underglazed with a blue decoration of canals and windmills on the front and sailboats on the sides. It has a hole for mounting on the wall. Although we don't use it for salt, we can find a number of uses for it today in our kitchen.
Stop by and see Smiling Sally for more Blue Monday fun.

6 comments:

SmilingSally said...

It's exquisite, Joan! My mother had one similar. I love the shape, the functionality, and of course, the color blue! Happy Blue Monday.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Joan, what a wonderful piece of delft porcelain! I love it, and I would use something that wonderful on my desk. I love blue and white. It's a great piece, and how neat that it belonged to your family!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

EJ said...

Hey I love that, I should have one like that coz I am sailor hehehe..

Check out the Senior and Junior in our clan..

Mary Bergfeld said...

How fortunate you are to have such a beautiful piece. It was made for Blue Monday - among other things :-). Have a great day.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful piece! Beautiful for a Blue Monday. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

bj said...

I have a collection of this blue windmill from Germany..and I have two salt boxes. This one is very pretty...thanks for sharing.