Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 2010 Rudolph Day

Today, I am celebrating Rudolph Day a little late since it was really Thursday, February 25, and I was busy at the shop.  Rudolph Day  you ask.  What is Rudolph Day???  Rudolph Day is  always on the 25th of each month leading up to Christmas Day, and one sets aside some time to work on something Christmas related.  To learn more about Rudolph Day, click here.  Since we own a Hallmark shop, we are extremely busy during the fall and holiday season.  I  try to be organized to get things accomplished for family Christmas, and this little day just helps out a lot.

I have a notebook that contains all kinds of information-calendars, Rudoph Day ideas, Christmas card lists/addresses, meal planning, budget, stocking stuffers, party ideas, gift ideas, gift closet inventory, recipes, etc. You name it.  Some people keep dish inventories and well as decorating ideas and inventories. You make your notebook to suit your needs.  Some people have created  notebooks on their home computer. 
Last month, I worked on creating forms for my notebook for the new year.  I also updated our Christmas card list
This month I am trying to accomplish four goals:
1.  Continue to set aside money for Christmas and birthday gifts...
2.  Buy at least four stocking stuffers...
3.  Purchase 2 gifts for 24 Days of Christmas...
4.  Work on a holiday recipe book of party and meal favorites...
Until next Rudolph Day, good bye from Applejack Lane.

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great idea. I need to try and get prepared too. This is so clever. Christmas would be a lot easier if I started now. Great post. Hugs, Marty

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Rudolph day! What a great idea to help de-stress Christmas.

Kim said...

Yes I agree - we could all use a little extra preparation in this department. I'm going to go set me some goals! Thanks Joan!
Kim

Little Penpen said...

I'm totally impressed... wish I could be this organized!!!