Sunday, December 6, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday


Today, I am joining Joan at Anything Goes Here  for my first Vintage Christmas Monday. Be sure to visit her blog to find more Vintage Christmas Monday fun.




In the early fifties, I can remember my dad being responsible for the front door decorations at the famly farm..  He spent time gathering pine, making a swag, and framing the front door with the pine..  Then, he nestled a string of  humongous blue lights around the door in the pine.  In the center of the door was this electric Santa face made by Noma Electric Company. When he had finished his front door decorating, it seemed like we were ready for Christmas to begin. 





When we dissolved our family  home, this was one memory that I wanted to keep.
Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

anythinggoeshere said...

It is great that you have it and the wonderful memories that go with it!

Welcome to Vintage Christmas Mondays! I have added you to the list and I am glad that you decided to participate. xo Joan

Just a bed of roses said...

Santa is in really great condition, nice to have memories of your father decorating the front entrance.
Love your food on the next post...looks good and can almost smell it.

Julie Marie said...

Your santa is wonderful, and such happy memories that go with it! Bisous... Julie Marie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What precious memories and I love the big Santa face. I bet it is just gorgeous all lit up. Hugs, Marty

The Old Parsonage said...

What a great treasured memory and I'm soo glad that you got the Jolly Old Elf himself!

Are the scones really "gingery" I'm having a breakfast for my SIL's and thought that I might make them.

Leann

★Carol★ said...

Your Santa is the second old light-up Santa that I've seen today, and I never saw any before that! Yours is wonderful, and I can see why he would be the official start to Christmas! Sounds like really special memories are attached to him. I love him, and I hope one day that I find one like him too!
Happy VCM!
Carol

Judi said...

So interesting your Dad liked the blue lights, I just did a post this week about our house of "blue"! So glad you got the Santa your Dad hung each year.

Paula@SweetPea said...

How wonderful that you have your dad's light up Santa. It's neat that he was in charge of decorating the door each year.

peggy gatto said...

A treasure!!!!!!!!!!
Love your blog header!

deb said...

What a treasured memory to keep. Santa is in great shape!
*hugs*deb

Gypsy Fish said...

You're so lucky to have a piece of such a wonderful memory!
Happy VBM!
Beth