Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Help Grow Your Soup!

It's Outdoor Wednesday at Applejack Lane. Today, I want to tell you about a contest that involves our next door farm neighbors. The Campbell Soup Company is helping the National FFA and supporting the future of American farming by selecting one of ten barns around the United States to preserve and paint red in their Help Grow Your Soup campaign. This year you can help make it even better. You can show your support for the future of American farming by visiting their site, and voting for the barn you'd like for the Campbell Soup Company and the National FFA to preserve. For every vote, Campbell Soup will donate $1 to the FFA up to $250,000. If you go here, you will see a video clip about Rolling Hills, a century farm.  That means it has been farmed by the same family for over 100 years.

  Vote for Rolling Hills...

Vote for Rolling Hills...

Vote for Rolling Hills...


But you can easily see and vote for a barn in your own neighborhood that will help support the FFA campaign.  You can cast your ballot once a day until the contest is over.

Visit Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for a list of more participants in Outdoor Wednesday and consider casting a vote for Rolling Hills!



8 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

I voted! I love old barns and am happy to vote for a local one.

eileeninmd said...

I love the old barns, great post.

Chubskulit Rose said...

beautiful old barn!

Please check out our last road trip here in Korea.

Hootin Anni said...

That barn reminds me of the one at Antietam!!

My Outdoor Wednesday is the continuation from last week's venture...today, what we bought.

The Peddler Show

Happy Wednesday wishes to you.

My name is Riet said...

I love those old barns ,great shots

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a great old barn! I want to see if there are any in my area as well before I vote. Have a great Outdoor Wednesday.

Kat said...

What a beautiful old barn! This is such a great idea, we have a very active FFA program at our high school so this hits close to home. I'm off to vote! Kathy

Ms. Bake-it said...

I love old barns. Great post. Thank you for sharing it with us.

~ Tracy