Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Deck the Halls-Welcome to the Kitchen!


Today at Applejack Lane, we are joining Susan at Thoughts From Over the Rainbow in Deck the Halls fun.  So we are starting at the kitchen door.




Come on in!


A little gingerbread girl...

A Santa close by the door...


We believe in Santa...

A poinsettia lamp lights the way...

A few Santas on the pie safe...

A butcher and his dog...

Mr. and Mrs. Gingerbread in a basket...

A Santa plate for serving yummy kitchen treats...

An old fashioned tree for miniatures...

With a gourd angel to keep watch...

Tiny little gingerbread men...

A new Byers Choice Santa...

With goodies in hand...

A wreath over the fireplace...

With more gingerbread men no less...

A touch of greenery with a newly formed topiary tree...

Antique ornaments bedeck this one...

And some birds...

A table to ready for a gingerbread tea...


A twenty year art project on the refrigerator door...

A busy Santa hanging by a thread...

There are a few more touchs to complete before the office party this Sunday.  I hope to see you next week.

8 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

OMG Joan...
Everything looks so festive. I just feel like I have take a Christmas tour. I love the door decoration. The little gingerbread people throughout are just darling.

Love the little star with the pocket, Believe. That has the candy canes. Adorable. I just love it.

The topiary tree is so pretty. Is that a Jim Shore Santa standing by it? I love his work. I have several pieces. So precious.

I also have to know where you found the feather tree? I am wanting one for my kitchen and have not seen a one in Phoenix. I don't think anyone out here knows country that well. I love it though.

Did you make all of your gingerbread people? They look so cute. Are those raisins for their eyes and buttons? Love it.

Your Santa collection is just wonderful. Each so detailed and different.

Thank you for sharing of your home today. I had so much fun looking.

Country hugs...Sherry

Delchick42 said...

Wonderful! Love the Byer's Choice Santas. So cozy and welcoming. Thanks for showing.

Sue said...

Such a cute look with all the gingerbread people...I love them all. Everything just looks very warm and welcoming, I'm glad I came for a visit.

Sue

Unknown said...

Everything looks AWESOME!!! I like all the gingerbread men, so CUTE!!!
Geri

Marsha said...

I too love all of your gingerbread room decor! Beautifully decorated :)

Foley said...

Some wonderful pieces..love all the gingerbread..and the 20 year old art piece on the frig has to bring back special memories!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Everything looks so festive in your kitchen! It makes me want to sit down for a cup of coffee and a chat.

I'm going to be in Staunton Sunday for the house tour. Are you going to do it??

joyh82 said...

Everything looks so delish, and
festive. I just love all the gingerbread.