Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Vintage Valentine Greeting

Happy Valentine's Day from Applejack Lane! Of all the things I collect, I have only one vintage Valentine, and it is not really mine.  My brother settled an uncle's estate a few years back, and he gave our daughter a Valentine he found in my uncle's belongings.  It was addressed to my uncle and sent to him at school.  I am presuming it was grade school since I do not believe he had more than a sixth or seventh grade education.  I imagine this card was sent about 1920 or so. It is marked USA and has a divided back..
From one country cousin to another...
Thanks for dropping by Applejack Lane.  Please join The Potting Shed-Anything Goes Here for more Valentine fun.

7 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

What a sweet memento.

- The Tablescaper

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how sweet - I love the vintage cards so much!

Sarah said...

Sweet card! I don't have any vintage valentine cards either. They would be a fun thing to look for.

Tara said...

Great card! I love the little boy's legs, so scrawny! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Paula@SweetPea said...

That is the cutest thing ever. I'll bet that my aunt has all of Granny's valentines. I KNOW she wouldn't have parted with them. I'll have to ask her.

Short and Sweet said...

Cute card with a vintage message.

anythinggoeshere said...

Such a sweet postcard. Thank you for participating in the Vintage Valentine Card Party. xo Joan, your hostess