Sunday, September 12, 2010

September Silver Sunday

Welcome to Applejack Lane.   It's Silver Sunday time!  Today, I want to share a few of my favorite sterling pins.  Some were given to me as a high school graduation gift about 43 years ago!
When I was a high school senior, girls in my area were encouraged to pick out a sterling flatware pattern. This is a miniature of Towle's Country Manor.
A family friend whose last name is Rosen gave me the rose pin...
This pin is my favorite.  I have always loved cats...
Thanks for stopping by Applejack Lane. Please visit Beth at the Gypsy Fish Journal  for more Silver Sunday fun.

7 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

The kitties are my favorite too!

-Danielle

Jane said...

You have a beautiful collection of sterling pins. It sounds like they hold some wonderful memories too.
Jane

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Joan,
such silver pins have a long tradition. I have seen old prospects with such pins. I love the cats also at most, guess why!
Greetings, Johanna

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Love your pins...the spoon is too cute.

The Lazy Peacock said...

what a great collection! i love the cats!

having a giveaway, stop by if you get a chance:
http://thelazypeacock.blogspot.com/2010/09/giveaway.html

Gypsy Fish said...

Sweet little kitties...love them
hugs
Beth

GardenOfDaisies said...

These are all so pretty! I especially love the flower.