Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hooty Creeks

It's Foodie Friday here at Applejack Lane. I have been busy baking cookies, cookies, and more cookies for our Open House this weekend at our shop. White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies, Peanut Butter Kisses, Christmas Tree Spritz, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Raspberry Jam Thumbprints, Gingercrisps, and Hooty Creeks are all ready for my VIP ladies. Here is my recipe for Hooty Creeks-one of my customers' favorites.
1 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup dried cranberries chopped
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Cream the sugars and butter in a bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until the eggs disappear. Next, add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the mixture. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries, chips, and pecans. The mixture will be stiff.
Using a one-inch cookie scoop, drop on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. I tend to bake for 9 minutes for a softer cookie. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 72 cookies.
And here is a platter of cookies ready to serve my VIP customers!
Come back to Applejack Lane soon. Stop by Designs by Gollum for more Foodie Friday fun!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! cookie filled with lots of goodies, cranberries and white chocolate and my favorite pecans. I think all cookies should have pecans in them. The Raspberry Thumbprints are also a favorite.
Geri

Mary Bergfeld said...

I have one or two of each, please. Your VIP customers are very lucky indeed.

Sue said...

I love it when I find a cookie I've never made before. My husband will love these!

honeysuckle said...

How does one get to be on your VIP list? It sounds like a great event. Good luck with everything.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I just picked up my VIP bag tonight from my local Hallmark -- no yummy cookies though!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Those cookies must be good, they are loaded with everything that I love.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

What a great name for a cookie! Thanks for stopping by today....the spray paint I used is just called Rusteoleum Metallic but the cap shows what the color will look like. So look for the metallic color you like. Good luck!

joyh82 said...

Those look awesome! Making me very hungry right now. Can't wait for christmas!