Monday, March 15, 2010

We're All Irish Today!

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine soft upon you face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
 And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand. 
Traditional Gaelic Blessing



My school teacher jewelry for St. Paddy's Day...


My St. Paddy's Day pig with Shamrock made in Germany...
 
My Scottish ancestors had two sons who left Scotland and settled in County Tyrone, Ireland  in 1674..  They married, had issue, and on or about 1702, crossed from Ireland to America where they settled in Pennsylvania and later Augusta County, Virginia.  Does that make me Irish or am I Scottish once removed?

Or am I full of Blarney???
Thanks to Cuisine Kathleen for hosting this  Irish blog crawl.



17 comments:

Marigene said...

That is the most adorable little Irish piggy!

Kathleen said...

Hi Joan,
Nice to meet you.
I am a retired teacher too, so I know about that jewelry!
Thanks for joining the St Patrick's Day Blog Crawl at my blog.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
www.cuisinekathleen.com

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day, Joan!

Beth said...

Joan, I love the necklace! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

ellen b said...

Love your Irish goodies Joan! Love that you know your history so far back. Very cool.

Sonny G said...

lovin the irish pretties but I have to say I'm in love with your lil piggie,,,thats just too cute~!!!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Cute Irish piggy! If you keep checking in your ancestry, it's possible that you will find more than one move between Ireland and Scotland. The history between the two nations is quite intertwined.

Foley said...

Love the little piggy...
No doubt about it - you're IRISH!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, I just love that little pig! He is the cutest of cute's!
Cindy

Unknown said...

I love your little piggy...looking like he's dancing a jiggy :)

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Blessings!
Gail

GardenOfDaisies said...

I did not do the cross stitch myself. I purchased it at our local Irish import store about 10 years ago.
Best of luck to you as you search for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! It doesn't matter what your ansestory is because everyone is a wee bit Irish on Saint Patrick's Day :>)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Cute teacher necklace and piggy!

Unknown said...

Today, definitely Irish!

Most of my ancestors originally came to N Ireland from Scotland too. Only we never left again! My granny tried, but was deported from Ellis Island in the 1920's, but that is another story!!!

Happy St Patrick's Day from N Ireland :)

Denise Marie said...

I like your pig. I saw a vintage postcard while googling that had a pig and shamrock that you'd like. lol

Kammy said...

Hi Joan,
I first visited your white wabbits - too cute !
I love your vintage Irish stuff - really neat !
Happy St. Patty's Day !
Kammy

Blondie's Journal said...

I'll bet the kids loved your beads, Joan, and you saved yourself from getting pinched!! I love your little piggy, too! Really cute, as are your rabbits!!

xoxo
Jane