Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Morning Breakfast

Blueberries were on sale this week at the local Martin's.  This Sunday morning was the perfect time to try a Paula Deen recipe for Blueberry Gems.
Blueberry Gems

2 cups of self rising flour (I had regular flour so I added 3 teaspoons of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt to the mixture.)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup whole milk ( I used 2%.)
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line 18 muffin tin cups with paper liners.
2.  Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.  In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, oil, and milk.  Whisk together until well combined.  Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.  Pour in the liquid.  Mix with a spoon until flour is moistened.  Gently fold in the blueberries.
3.  Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling about half to two-thirds full.
4.  Bake for 23-25 minutes until browned and puffed.


4 comments:

Sandra said...

I had blueberry muffins for breakfast too. thanks for the comment you left about my crate decor. To answer you question - no I did not shellac the crate before using it...I like it old looking.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Joan,
they look delicious. I haven't seen here Blueberries for a long time. But it is season for them. I have to look where I get some. Thank you for the fabulous recipe.
Best greetings, Johanna

Sonny G said...

I'll be getting some blueberries this week..
thanks for that recipe, they look super yummy..
I like muffins for supper myself:) heck, lunch too..

xoxo
Sonny

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Joan

Mr OP loves blueberries and this would be perfect to make for a Saturday morning breakfast.

Hope all is well with you you're headed into your busy season right.

Enjoy your weekend!
Leann