Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bay Scallops In Aglio Sauce Over Pasta

Good afternoon from Applejack Lane.  Today I will share my recipe for Bay Scallops In Aglio Sauce Over Pasta.  Enjoy!

1 pound bay scallops (thawed)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced plum tomatoes
1 tablespoon capers
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 tablespoon dry basil
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
favorite pasta-I used linguine

 In a large saute pan, add two tablespoons of live oil and heat until hot.
Add bay scallops, lightly salt and pepper to taste, and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Once the scallops are cooked through, strain, and set aside.
Place remaining olive oil in saute pan and continue to heat.
Add garlic and cook until tender.
Add mushroom, diced tomatoes, and capers.
Continue to cook and stir for approximately 3 minutes.
Pour in chicken broth.
Add spices, slat and pepper to taste.
Simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
Add bay scallops and lightly toss to reheat.
Serve on top of your favorite pasta.
Add grated cheese if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Thanks for stopping in at Applejack Lane!

8 comments:

KDinOK said...

This looks delicious! Being in a land locked state, I miss scallops and seafood in general.

Unknown said...

Joan - looks delish!! I have all of the ingredients, I'll be trying this soon - unless you have leftovers, I can be there in 10 :-)

Bonnie @ The Boatwright Family said...

YUMMY! This looks delicious. I'm bookmarking it and will definitely try it out sometime soon!

The Old Parsonage said...

mmm...it's 11:05pm and I could dig right in!

Looks wonderful - I may make it for Sunday dinner!
Leann

Kathy Walker said...

Looks delicious!

Jacqueline said...

Oh, I wish I were at your house. I would love this for dinner. I have everything but the scallops, although I am sure I could do it with chicken or shrimp. Fabulous and the flavors look wonderful.

Melissa Miller said...

Yummy! This looks so delish Joan.

bonnieboatwright@gmail.com said...

Joan, I made this last week and we loved it! I shared it on my cooking blog today. Thank you!!!
http://www.yallcomeeat.com/2011/10/scallops-in-aglio-sauce.html