Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fourth of July Julep

Welcome to Foodie Friday via Applejack Lane.  I want to share a special summer drink I dubbed a Fourth of July Julep that I served this week at my ladies' luncheon.  It is non-alcoholic so it can be used with all ages.

Fourth of July Julep
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange
1 64 oz. bottle pomegranate juice
1 2 liter bottle ginger ale, regular or diet
Cut the lime and lemon into slices; then halve each slice.  Cut the orange into slices; then quarter each slice.  Put fruit pieces into a pitcher.  
Pour about half of the pomegranate juice into the pitcher.  Chill and allow to juice to marinate the fruit for several hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, pour about half of the ginger ale into the pitcher and stir.
Serve in glasses and add a couple of slices of fruit to each serving.  Add ice.
Enjoy!
Please join Michael at Designs By Gollum for more Foodie Friday fun.









7 comments:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Looks so pretty and refreshing!

Kim said...

I spy a little tole tray! It looks awesome. I just read your sweet post about winning my giveaway. Thanks so much. I'm really glad that you won and happy to see that you're putting it to good use!
Enjoy and Happy 4th!!!
xoxo,
Kim

The Old Parsonage said...

Mmm I love summer drinks like this - yumm!

Leann

Lynn said...

Very pretty, I'll bet it's great!

Julie said...

Looks delicious. What a beautiful summer drink.

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

That's nice to see a recipe for a non-alcoholic mint julep so everyone can enjoy it. It looks delicious!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Joan, This recipe sounds delicious and so refreshing! I think I'll serve this drink to my guest on Wednesday. Have a wonderful 4TH!
xo, Sherry