Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Sipper

Welcome to Applejack Lane.  Today, I have a refreshing  non-alcoholic Summer Sipper to share with you.
Summer Sipper
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup white grape juice-light white grape juice works well
1/4 cup orange juice
1 (1 liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
1. Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring often for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves.  Remove from heat and cool.
2.  Stir in juices and chill 2 hours.  Stir in ginger ale just before serving.
3.  Serve over ice or add frozen grapes.
4.  Sit back and enjoy!
 

Thanks for stopping by.  Please join Michael at Designs By Gollum for more Foodie Friday treats.

6 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

This looks delicious! I think I might try it without the additional sugar.. Sounds like it might be sweet enough for me with just the juices and the ginger ale. I LOVE the idea of using frozen grapes instead of icecubes!!!! (Why can't I ever think of great ideas like that?)

Americana Lady said...

Joan this sounds cool and refreshing! Keep your flag-a-wavin' Joan

The Old Parsonage said...

Mmm sounds lovely. Thanks for your uplifting comments today!
Leann

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Sounds like a wonderful drink to serve on the patio. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

:)
ButterYum

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

PS - I just read your side bar. I'm in the Shenandoah Valley too. Love it here!!

:)
ButterYum

Sonny G said...

Thats sounds delicious and so refreshing.. I'll be sure to pick up some white grape juice tommorrow at the store.. thanks for sharing this will us.

Sonny